Sunday, September 21, 2008

Crooks

The same people who campaign on the dangers of "socialized" healthcare and scare the electorate into believing that Democrats are a bunch of commies, are now planning to steal $700 billion from tax payers and give it the banks who fucked up.

"I don't want to pay for the bypass surgeries of people who eat McDonald's everyday, while I make the effort to be healthy. It's not fair." I hear that all the time. I hear that all the time from my friends and random people.

You know what? I don't want to pay for the bailouts of banks and predatory lenders who weren't careful with the loans they were giving out, while I worked hard for my money. I had no part in this mortgage crisis, and I shouldn't have to pay for it.

It's not fair.

I have no doubt that this plan is one last-ditch effort to fatten the coffers of some very powerful people, with very powerful friends in Washington. Is this bailout going to help the folks on mainstreet? I don't see how regular folk are going be better off, besides maybe providing some relief at the pump.

No comments: