Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Why Women Hate Sarah Palin

Nice Try, Time.

Fortunately, those aren't the reasons why women hate Sarah.

Contrary to the article:

I don't hate Governor Palin because she's handsome. I'm less than half her age, and I haven't given birth to five children. Let's just say I wouldn't trade places with her. In fact, when she was first selected, I was sort of excited to see what it would be like to have a girly-girl run for potential commander-in-chief. I mean, there's a silly thing that happens to female politicians in this country-- a lot of them look like dykes. Sarah Palin, of course, does not. So I was curious how her appearance could factor in. On the bright side of her candidacy, now that I know I don't have to chop my hair off and wear pant suits should I want to run for office one day.

However, it is true: I dislike her confidence. As she says, she doesn't blink. She's so confident, she doesn't think things through. And I, of course, have a problem with someone who uses Stephen Colbert's method of decision-making, running this country.

Could she embarrass us? I'm not so sure. Americans have been exposed to different women in power, so she's not the be-all end-all for women.

In fact, it's not Gov. Palin that I hate. I hate Senator McCain's cynical and naked political calculation, gambling this country's future to achieve his personal ambition to be president. It's obvious that she doesn't know much, and I don't think that's her fault. I don't think she ever imagined she would be in this position, so she never prepared for it. This one is all John McCain's fault.

No comments: